While it’s true that “you need to spend money to make money,” startup and small businesses can still enjoy the benefits of offshoring without having to dole out big bucks. Here are few outsourcing hacks to help you get started even if you have a limited budget.
Cost-Effective Outsourcing Hacks
1. START SMALL. Outsourcing services when you’re on a tight budget can be scary. One wrong move and your hard-earned money will go down the drain. An ideal choice a business owner like you can do is to start small. It will help you recoil when things don’t run well. This will save you from tons of anxiety and will give you an idea on how your provider performs before you can think of possible expansion.
2. EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. With outsourcing, the processes can change easily and these unforeseen changes can be quite expensive. Your service provider can demand an extra fee for anything not included in the original. To hold the outsourcing costs in line, plan for the unexpected. Take a serious look at the tasks you want to outsource and determine how frequent something unusual happens. You can also interview the people in the trenches. They can provide you a clear understanding of what the “unexpected” might be.
3. CLASSIFY THE SCOPE OF WORK. Next on these outsourcing hacks, when you engage with outsourcing firms, it pays to have a scope of work or the list of the tasks you want to farm-out. Be specific because anything outside the scope of normal implementation and operation is likely to come with extra costs. Inform them about your upfront requirements, set realistic expectations, and put up metrics for your partner to meet. Document everything, and ensure that they’ll also sign the agreement so there’ll be no surprises down the road.
4. WATCH OUT FOR “MUST-HAVES”. These must-haves are the extra features offered within limited time and promise better results. In most cases, they’re just part of an upsell package and not necessary to accomplish your tasks. Examine all of their offers to ensure that you need them before agreeing to include them in the tasks you’re going to outsource.
5. ASSESS THE PRODUCT BEFORE PURCHASE. Some outsourcing firms provide a free trial period before beginning an all-out implementation of their service. If this option is available, utilize it. Test the service you plan to outsource, try the task where an unusual activity might arise and observe how the outsourcer responds. While some might not offer this feature, ensure that you get a clear view of what to expect when the full service has been outsourced.
6. SEARCH FOR ON-GOING OPPORTUNITIES. If your main goal for outsourcing is to free up your schedule and get things done the cost effective way, looking for the right firm can be time-consuming. And if you’re doing this often, you’re probably not making the best use of your time. So for the finale on these outsourcing hacks, the ideal situation is you’ll be working with the same firm on an on-going basis. When you find one that does good quality work for an affordable price and communicates effectively with you, it’s more efficient to work continuously with them.
For more outsourcing hacks or to know more about our services, feel free to browse our website at www.outsource-philippines.com.
Source: due.com | www.fusionbposervices.com | it.toolbox.com | profitblitz.com