Outsourcing has been an important part of the business world. It has helped a number of organizations that wish to provide quality service at a lower cost. Also, it can serve as a gateway for professional improvement and development of key personnel handling core tasks and project planning activities.Benefiting from Customer Service
One of the numerous outsourcing benefits is improving the customer service and product development of a business. Thus, hiring versatile representatives should be considered to ensure a successful business operation.
Call center representatives are extensively trained to answer inquiries and accomplish their task professionally. These agents are usually assigned to address client concerns and provide product assistance. Typically, there are two types of agents: the inbound that answer calls and outbound that makes calls for sales, collections, and research purposes. Their task is equally important to ensure customer’s loyalty and satisfaction
.These agents are the face of each business. Apart from handling complaints, taking orders, providing information, and technical support, these customer service representatives should be:
First World Countries Experiencing Job Diaspora
- Customer oriented
- Listens attentively
- Diverse language proficiencies (if targeting a wider market range)
- Computer literacy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Nice, friendly, and modulated tone of voice
- Enthusiastically offers suggestions, and solutions
Over the years, outsourcing has helped improved the economy of most countries. Nonetheless, the industry also takes its toll on other countries like America and Europe.Its negative effects for Americans are diminished job opportunities and reduction in salary rate by 20 percent. Despite the decreasing number of employment availability, many employers think that implementing the process for their back office tasks would help them improve their businesses and create more employment opportunities for their fellow countrymen.With its overwhelming economic effect, it is projected that in 2015, 3 million white collar jobs will be sent overseas. These give American reasons to worry
for future unemployment rate.Aside from the employment issues, language barrier, time zone differences, and the scripted approach of talking to clients add to the inconvenience of the industry. Business owners would have to take considerations for its possible results.Here is a list of other inconveniences to help you decide whether offshoring your non-core task would provide outsourcing benefits or not.
- Job diaspora. First-world countries greatly suffer in sending job overseas. This would mean fewer opportunities for job seekers in their own countries.
- Culture differences. Each country will have different corporate rules, decision making strategies, and organizational structure. Thus, the process would require extensive training to meet the demands and specifications of the clients.
- Shrinking talent pool. With the changing demands of clients and high employee turnover, BPO industries are exposed to employment uncertainties. Thus, skilled employees may look for better opportunities elsewhere to magnify their expertise.
More from Outsource-Philippines