There are various ways, tools, and methods to analyze and act on data. But before you go deeper, you must first figure out the basics of data processing.
Data processing converts raw data into useful info through a process. As the user, you must control the data and produce results that could solve problems or improve any existing situation.
You can use various data processing methods depending on your needs, time availability, and software and hardware capability. These include:
1. Manual Means managing the data manually, without the use of any machine or electronic device. Depending on the data you need to convert, you will need a large number of workers or a much higher budget to perform the process.
2. Mechanical Means using machines or simple devices like calculator and typewriters to process the data. Though the process still yields bounded outputs, this method is more reliable and time saving than the manual mode.
3. Electronic Means processing the data through various programs and predefined set of rules using the latest tools like computers. It’s the fastest, most reliable, and most accurate method that requires fewer workers. It consists of various methods including:
Data processing goes through a series of steps when extracting info from raw data. The data travels, changes from collection to interpretation, and transforms to fit various business needs and purposes.
1. Collection This stage requires serious attention as the quality of the collected data could affect the output. When gathering such info, you need to ensure they are both accurate and defined so the future decisions based on the findings will be valid.
2. Preparation This stage alters the data into a form that could fit further analysis and processing. As raw data might be inaccurate, this phase will help screen potential problems and reduce, if not eliminate, the highly misleading results that might stem from an unverified data.
3. Input This step converts or codes the verified data into machine-readable form so that the computer can process it. You can enter the data using a keyboard, digitizer, scanner, or from any existing source. It’s the most time-consuming phase that requires speed and accuracy.
4. Processing This is the stage where users control and execute the inputted data using formula or program. It may consist of one or more instructions executed all at once depending on the operating system.
5. Output and interpretation User receives the processed info during this stage. The output comes in various formats or media, such as printed report, audio, or video.
6. Storage This is the last stage where users store the data, instructions, and info for future use. This cycle allows users to access, retrieve, and transfer data when needed.
The Role of Data Processing in Your Business
Converting your data into useful formats will help you run your business more efficiently. Since the process converts all relevant info and data into readable formats, you and your staffs can grasp, access, and store them for future use.
If you think this process is too much to handle, you can hire the services of Outsource-Philippines. Visit our data processing page to learn more details about our services.Sources: planningtank.com enterprisefeatures.com ezinearticles.com