- Sufficient fire extinguishers and exhaust systems
- This is to protect the buildings from fires and take gases out, especially during emergency situations.
- Adequate lighting and ventilation, as well as passageways
- This enables every employee to enjoy appropriate lighting for safety as well as good air circulation, to make the workplace habitable.
- Ergonomically-designed work stations
- This involves improving the comfort, safety, and productivity of people in a working environment.
- Rooms for necessary medical treatment
The robust industry called business process outsourcing (BPO) is one of the largest employers in the Philippines today. Being as such, the Philippine government is constantly looking into their condition to ensure that occupational safety and health standards are followed.Industry surveyIn 2008, the Phililippines’ Department of Labor carried out a nationwide survey to at least 426 BPO firms that employ a total of 282,441 employees. They found that majority of the companies comply with the requirements for a safe and healthy facilities and workplaces such as having the following: