Search engine optimization (SEO) is the current big thing on the World Wide Web. It gives sites the chance to rank high on search results and build a lasting presence online. Sadly, many digital marketers resort to dirty tactics to get what they want. They use illegal or black-hat SEO practices only to get ahead of the stiff online race.
Are you guilty of any dishonest practices online? Do not wait for Google and other search engines to penalize you. Avoid black hat SEO and capitalize on top white-hat SEO tactics to keep your brand on the right track.
1. Meta keyword stuffing – Meta description is a vital part of any web page. It tells what a page contains by summarizing the content in 150 characters or less. Search engines tag it as black hat when its target keyword exceeds the algorithm’s preferred density and when you write it out of the context. So make sure you use these words wisely and relate them to your content.
2. Keyword overstuffing – Though keywords help boost your rankings, excessive use of it will not make your page visible online. In fact, search engines treat this tactic as deception.
3. Hidden content – If you are using HTML tags, small texts and unreadable colored fonts to manipulate search engines, then you’d better stop. These days, Google’s algorithm is smart enough to detect these dirty little tactics so make sure you keep your site off them.
1. Effective use of keywords – Unlike 5-8 years ago, search engines no longer look into a specific keyword in indexing web sites. They now focus on the relevance of your content to the readers’ intention. As explained by Cyrus Shepard, director of audience development at Moz, search engines watch not just the number of clicks. They also check the “post-click activity” and examine whether your readers found the answers they were searching for on your web site or not.
2. Building good inbound links – Not all inbound links are good. Thus, make sure you’re linking a page relevant to another page’s content.
3. Focusing on user experience – All search engines have a common goal—to give users the perfect possible content for their queries or needs. If you want search engines to index your site, focus on creating the best and the most original content for your target audience.
Outsource-Philippines offers a wide range of white-hat search engine optimization services that will boost your business’ presence online. Visit our web site to know more!
Image courtesy of tiramisustudio at FreeDigitalPhotos.net