With over 600 million monthly active users (December 2016), it’s no surprise that the number of businesses flocking to this social media platform continues to increase. But being image-based and focused on millennials, it may be a little trickier to market on this platform than in Facebook and Twitter.To help you boost your digital marketing campaigns, check out this essential Instagram hacks.
Instagram Hacks to Boost Your Campaigns
1. Build a community around an actionable hashtag.The best thing about this hack is that aside from Instagram, you can also leverage it across other social networks like Twitter and Pinterest. Perfectly timed hashtags – for events and campaigns – are not only great for engaging followers to your brand but also getting them excited about being a part of your community.
2. Be consistent.Your followers are getting used to your posting schedule so make sure that you don’t suddenly change it. As much as possible, you should stick to a plan. If you started posting twice a day, don’t suddenly start posting once a week.
3. Partner with a good cause that supports your brand values.One of the hottest Instagram hacks today is promoting and sharing a brand’s partnership with their followers. If you can relate your firm’s values with your clients, it would be the best. Flaunt your partnership and highlight how your values align with what their company stands for.
4. Don’t over post.Over-posting is a big no in Instagram because unlike Facebook, you can’t group your photos into an album here. Flooding your follower’s feeds will only result in over saturation and loss of interest leading them to an adverse decision — unfollowing your page.
5. Promote your account everywhere.Use your Instagram account the same way you do to your other social media accounts. Add its icon on your home or product page, connect it to your other social accounts, and include a link to your firm’s Instagram account in your email signatures. Also, encourage your employees, brand ambassadors, and partners to use your business hashtag and any hashtag relevant to your current campaign.
6. Find beauty in your brand.You can still use this photo-sharing app even if your products are either unattractive or intangible. There are various ways to build your brand without actually showing images of your products. For instance, you can take photos in the office to give your followers a glimpse of your firm’s unique culture. You can also create a unique hashtag for your company’s holiday party and have your staffs use it as they take pictures at the soiree.
7. Look for influencers.Social media influencers help amplify your content and put a face to a brand. Thus, it makes sense that looking for and activating them is one of the best things listed in these Instagram hacks. Your influencers don’t have to be the likes of Stephen Curry, though. Start by digging into who engaged with your brand this month and see if you have any backers who happen to be influential in your niche.
8. Utilize all the tools Instagram has to offer.
Years since Instagram’s birth, the people behind the app continues to make changes at a decently fast pace. There’s a lot that you can do on Instagram to beautify your photos, track performance, and stay on top of changes. Keep abreast of the updates and use them with the help of your creative team to get the most compelling result.
These Instagram hacks are just a few of the ways to boost your marketing campaign. For more insights and customized plans for your social media accounts, talk to our experts or visit our social media services page.Sources: www.lifehack.org | socialmediaweek.org | www.wordstream.com | simplymeasured.com